Report Concerns About a Child’s Welfare | Children’s Services | ׽ͼ


If you feel that a child or young person is in immediate risk of harm, don’t delay—you should call 999 and ask to speak to the police.

If you’re concerned about the welfare of a child or young person, either because of their behaviour or the behaviour of the adults looking after them, and they aren’t in immediate danger, there are a number of different persons and organisations you can contact.

  • You can contact your local Children’s Reporter, an independent official who’ll investigate whether any action needs to be taken. See the SCRA website for a list of Children’s Reporter’s offices around Scotland.
  • You can contact your local Social Work team via the With Scotland website or by calling the police on the non-emergency 101 number.
  • You can also make a referral directly to ׽ͼ by phoning 0141 889 0044, emailing  or by visiting the referral section of our website.

Interested in these services?

Contact us to discuss residential care placements.

Get in touch